The Group relies almost entirely on subscriptions from the parents of young members and on our own fundraising. We receive no regular contributions from elsewhere. Subscriptions are £34 per term and are collected through online scout manager.
The subscription is reviewed annually by the Group Executive Committee, who keep it as low as possible consistent with providing first-rate Scouting to all our youth members.
A major cost is an annual payment for every youth member. Some of this maintains the Scout District, Scout County and UK Headquarters, but a large part of it pays for the very comprehensive insurance for all our activities.
The list below shows some of the main areas in which we spend money.
- Training of leaders
- Donation to Solihull Methodist Church towards the use of the hall and storage.
- Uniform, scarves and badges
- Books and publications for adults and children
- Annual insurance payments
- Materials for section meetings
- Purchase and maintenance of camping and other equipment
If you have any questions about subscriptions or finance, please contact our Group Treasurer.